Andrea Lau is an associate at D’Angelo & Jones, LLP. She received her law degree from Marquette University Law School and a B.A. in Spanish from Gordon College in Wenham, Massachusetts. Attorney Lau’s areas of practice include family (divorce, custody, placement, child support, paternity), juvenile law matters and estate planning.
Attorney Lau is fluent in Spanish. While language interpreters are provided in court settings, Andrea is able to discuss matters with Spanish speaking clients outside of court without the necessity of an interpreter or translator.
During her time at Marquette University Law School, Andrea completed the requisite courses and interactive workshops required to attain the Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate. She is a strong advocate for the use of alternative dispute resolution in legal practice. Attorney Lau is also certified to accept Guardian ad Litem appointments in family, juvenile and probate court.
Andrea was inducted into Marquette’s Pro Bono Honor Society upon completion of 180+ hours of Pro Bono work with the Women’s Center in Waukesha, WI. Andrea served as a Volunteer Legal Advocate for The Women’s Center and assisted victims of harassment and domestic abuse in obtaining Temporary Restraining Orders.
Attorney Lau is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Waukesha County Bar, and the Milwaukee County Bar. Andrea continues to volunteer with The Women’s Center.
When she is not practicing law, Andrea enjoys reading, traveling, working on DIY projects and spending time with her family and friends.
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 2015, J.D.
- Gordon College, Wenham, MA (2012) Bachelor of Arts: Spanish Language
- Past Employment Positions:
- Schwei & Wendt S.C., Brookfield, WI, Law Clerk, February 2014 – May 2015
- The Women’s Center, Waukesha, WI, Domestic Violence Advocate, May 2013 – December 2015
- Waukesha County Corporation Counsel, Waukesha, WI, Child Support Intern, September 2014 – December 2014
- Schober, Schober & Mitchell, New Berlin, WI, Law Clerk May 2013 – September 2013