With over 35 years of experience practicing law, Attorney Thomas R. Jones represents people throughout Southeastern Wisconsin who have been injured in accidents or charged with crimes and/or traffic violations. He is admitted to practice in the states of Wisconsin and California, as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin and the Northern District of California, and the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Jones was selected for membership in the Outstanding Lawyers of America and as a SuperLawyer 2011 through 2015. Mr. Jones is AVVO rated as “Excellent”. Mr. Jones is an AV-rated attorney*.
Thomas Jones was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. After graduating from high school in 1967, he entered the United States Army where he served as a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne Division. After his Honorable Discharge, Mr. Jones attended the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, the University of Colorado at Boulder, and graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1973. Prior to completing his legal education, Mr. Jones worked in the areas of alcohol and drug program evaluation and treatment alternatives to incarceration.
Mr. Jones graduated from the Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco, California, in December of 1979. He passed the California Bar Exam in February of 1980, and returned to Wisconsin where he passed the Wisconsin Bar Exam in July of 1980. Attorney Jones then practiced law in the Waukesha and Milwaukee area from 1980 to 1985. He returned to California where he practiced Personal Injury Litigation on a full time basis for approximately three years. Mr. Jones has practiced in the Milwaukee, Waukesha, and Madison area on a continual basis from 1989.
Attorney Jones is a member of the Waukesha County Bar Association, the Wisconsin Association for Justice, the State Bar of Wisconsin, the National Lawyers Guild and the California Bar Association. Mr. Jones is married and has two children.
- Bar Admissions:
- California, 1980
- Wisconsin, 1980
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1981
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California, 1979 J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1973 B.A. Major: Journalism
- Honors and Awards:
- Member, Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Super Lawyer, 2011 – 2015
- AVVO rating of “Excellent”
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Lawyers Guild, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1980 – Present
- State Bar of California, 1980 – Present
- Member (Inactive)
- Waukesha County Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Past Employment Positions:
- 82nd Airborne Division, Paratrooper, 1967 – 1969
- U.S. Post Office, Clerk/Carrier, 1969 – 1970
- Mental Health Planning Council of Milwaukee County, 1973 – 1974
- Alcohol and Drug Council of Kenosha, Criminal Justice, 1976 – 1978