Waukesha Wisconsin Personal Injury Attorney
Milwaukee Area Attorneys Serving Car Accident, Dog Bite, and Other Injury Victims
Dos and Don’ts If you Are In An Accident
At D’Angelo & Jones, LLP, in Waukesha, we represent individuals throughout southeastern Wisconsin who have been the victims of personal injury. Contact us to find out how we can help you recover for your losses.
If you or someone you love has been injured because of the negligence of another person, you may be uncertain about where to turn and how to get compensation for your injuries. The information below will help ensure that your rights are protected.
- DO be aware that any statement you might inadvertently make to another person could be used against you so, DO NOT discuss your case with anyone.
- DO receive all necessary health care attention in order to properly treat the injuries.
- DO tell your health care provider every complaint you have regarding injuries caused by the accident.
- DO follow your health care providers’ instructions which may include the taking of prescription medication and/or restrictions on physical activities.
- DO keep a diary of how the injury has affected you, the intensity and location of the pain, the activities in which you can no longer participate, and any other area of your life affected by the injury.
- DO have someone photograph the damaged vehicle and/or accident site, if possible.
- DO have someone photograph your body so that there is a photographic record of the injuries sustained, especially if you are wearing an appliance such as a cast or cervical collar.
- DO keep a record of lost time from work.